An employee is considered a manager or supervisor when direct reports are assigned to him or her. To assign direct reports to an employee, follow these steps:
- After logging in, click on the Employee Records icon.
- Click on the Name of the employee that you would like to have Manager/Supervisor permissions.
- If you haven’t added the employee in the Employee Records app, click on the +Add Employee button located on top right corner of the page.
- To quickly add an employee, just enter their First Name, Last Name and Email Address (an email address is important to assign app permission.)
- Click on the Save button when done.
- In the employee profile, click on the Job Details tab.
- In the Direct Reports section, click on the arrow to view the company’s employee’s list.
- Select the employee(s) that are reporting to this Manager/Supervisor. (Only one Manager/Supervisor may manage an employee.)
- When done selecting the employee(s), click on the Save button.
- Next, click on the Self-Service tab.
- Click on the Send Invite button to send the employee an email to set a password for their account so they can login and use HRdirect Smart Apps.
Now that the employee is a manager or supervisor, you can refine which apps they have permissions for and what level of access you want to provide:
- On the Self-Service tab, a Permissions section will appear with the apps that have been purchased with permissions capabilities.
- In the Permissions Group section, click on the arrow and select which type of access that you would like to give this employee.
- When done, click on the Save button.