Here's a some helpful steps on how employees can complete their portion of their I-9 & W-4.
- Click on the Complete I-9 & W-4 Now button in the email invitation to complete your I-9 & W-4 forms. If you have not received this email, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Every field on the Form I-9 is required. If the field doesn't apply to you, you will likely click on the Not Applicable check box or similar checkbox in the field.
- Follow the prompts on each page, and click Next when you're ready to proceed.
- On the Attestation and Electronic Signature page, be sure to read through the acknowledgement before clicking the checkbox. Type in your full name and enter the date. When these steps are completed, click on the Next button to go to the next section.
- If a Preparer and/or Translator has assisted you in completing this form, please select Yes option and click on the Next button. If you completed the form yourself, select No and click on the Next button.
- If a Preparer and/or Translator did assist you with the form, have him or her complete the Preparer and Translator sections. If you have multiple Preparers or Translators, please select the Yes option to repeat this step and click on the Next button.
- Please review your Form I-9 information for accuracy and correct if any errors. Because as soon as you click on the Next button, you’ll start the W-4 Form. And you won’t be able to access the I-9.
- After the Preparer and/or Translator section, once you click Next, the progress bar will reach 100%. This means you’ve completed your sections of the Form I-9. And the progress bar will be reset as you move to the W-4 Form.
- In the W-4 Form, you’ll see that some of your basic information is already pre-populated in the form. Simply fill in the remaining fields and click on the Next button.
- Next, on the Attestation and Electronic Signature page, be sure to read through the acknowledgement before clicking the checkbox. Then, type in your full name and enter the date. Once done, click on the Complete button.
- Please note the due date of these documents, which is shown in the upper right of you page.
One final note with regard to the I-9 form: There is a link in your email from your new employer where you can view acceptable documents you’ll need to provide to your employer in order to prove work eligibility in the United States. You must bring the original docuements with you to work for inspection.