Forget the 15 pages of instructions explaining Form I-9. Through our guided process, completing forms is fast, easy and accurate — giving your new hires a head start, before they even walk in the door.
With just 4 easy steps, you can onboard new employees and fully comply with federal filing requirements.
Account Admin: The I-9 & W-4 app does not have permission groups and is only accessible to the Account Admin. The Account Admin will be able to print forms, which will look the same as the IRS I-9 and W-4 form.
- Admin will be able to select an employee or enter an employee’s email to send them both the I-9 and W-4 forms to fill out.
- Employee will receive an email with a link provided in which they will click to access both the I-9 and W-4 forms to fill out.
- Employee will be able to enter their information in fields to populate the form. (Validation messages or required field messages on the form will appear to assist employee as they fill out the form.)
- Admin will receive notification once employee has completed their portion of the form so they can complete the employer sections. (Employer will be able to enter their information in fields to populate the form.)
Interaction with Employee Records app:
When entering a new email address not currently assigned to an employee, the employer effectively creates a new employee record for them.
Once forms are completed, the I-9 & W-4 forms will be automatically uploaded to the employee's profile in their File tab.
Automatic Updates and Audit Trail to Keep you always in Compliance:
Our I-9 & W-4 app is continually updated to ensure compliance with USCIS and IRS record keeping and retention laws.
As the form is being completed, both on employee and employer side an audit trail is created to keep track of completion, cancellation or deletion.
Admin will be able to print out a record of the audit trail in order to present in case of an audit.
Store and View Forms:
Once forms are completed, the I-9 & W-4 forms will be automatically available in the I-9 & W-4 Forms tab for storage and also uploaded in the Employee Records app.
In the I-9 & W-4 Forms page, Admin can view which forms are Available Online, In-Progress, Cancelled, Discarded or Not Available Online.
W-4 Withholding Table:
- W-4 Withholding tables are accessible to the employee and employer when the W-4 form is being completed as part of the I-9 & W-4 workflow.
- W-4 Withholding tables are accessible from the Resources page in the I-9 &W-4 application and the W-4 Details section of the Time & Pay tab in the Employee Profile.
- Updates to form(s) will be available once there is an update or an update has been made.
- Send helpful reminders and notifications to make sure forms are completed within USCIS and IRS time frames — so you can avoid any potential penalties.