Here is a closer look at all the time-saving features built specifically to help you simplify time off management:
- Company employees can have two levels of access:
- Manager/Supervisor: This level will allow an employee to manage attendance calendars for their direct reports.
- Administrator: This level of access allows an employee to manage attendance calendars for all employees, as well as administer time bank settings and add custom absence codes.
- After purchasing the Attendance Calendar app and clicking on the app icon, the Account Owner will be able to select which time off option he/she wants to use for their company (Sick and Vacation or PTO). This can be changed later, if need to.
- Administrators/Managers/Supervisors can view calendars for 2016-2019.
- When an Administrators/Managers/Supervisors selects a different calendar year, the old calendar will slide out and a new calendar will slide in.
- Any date on the calendar that a user can interact with will have a hover effect.
- Legal Public Holidays are indicated in light green on the calendar.
- Search by name filter to find employees quickly and easily.
- Search by filter Active/Inactive/All allowing to see calendars based on the employee status. The default filter will show all Active employees.
- Managers/Supervisors will see who’s out on their team and Administrators will see who’s out for the company.
- A number indicator will inform the user how many employees are out that day.
Add/Edit/Delete an Absence:
- Administrators/Managers/Supervisors will be able to add an absence where they will select an absence code, enter time used and a note (more details about notes below). As absences are added; the time will be auto-calculated in the weekly total field on the calendar.
- Absences can be edited and deleted for an employee, as well.
Add a Note to an Absence:
When a note is added to an absence, it will be represented by a bright green triangle in the bottom-right corner of calendar day.
As absence codes are populated into an employee’s calendar, the absence codes will be populated into the Absence Code legend at the top of the page.
Only absence codes that are used for the employee will be visible in the legend for that employee.
- Hovering over an absence with a note, the note will appear above the day of the absence.
- When downloading the calendar, the second page of the PDF will be the notes page (The Notes page will have the date, absence code, time, and note).
Add Starting Time and Time Used:
Administrators/Managers/Supervisors will be able to enter in the starting time and time used for an employee each month to track the time.
- The hours will automatically add up in the Used field of the time bank.
- The total Used hours will then automatically deduct from the starting time each month to calculate the employee’s Remaining time.
- We carry over the Remaining time from each month to the next month’s Starting time, making it less work for you. You have the option to edit the Starting time in case you want to give your employees extra hours.
- An Administrator/Manager/Supervisor can download an employee’s calendar:
- 1st Page: Calendar Page
- 2nd Page: Notes Page
- Both pages contain the employees information (Name, Title, Department, Employee ID, Start Date, Home and Work Phone), and Absence Code Legend.
Change Time Off Bank for Current Calendar Year:
- Administrators will be able to change their time off settings for the current year (From PTO to Vacation & Sick or vice versa)
- Previous years will maintain the time off setting that was used for that year.
- PTO to Vacation & Sick: All Start and Used hours will be placed into the Vacation time bank for each month.
- Vacation & Sick to PTO: All Vacation & Sick Start and Used hours will be totaled and placed into the PTO Start and Used hours for each month.
Custom Absence Codes:
Administrators can create custom codes to meet the needs of their company and can add as many codes as they need.
Activate and Deactivate Absence Codes:
Administrators can make any code active or inactive to streamline code use for their business.
Resources page will allow the user to obtain information about the purpose of the app, how to use the app, addressing employee attendance problems, recognizing legally protected absences and record keeping requirements.
Edit Employee Information on Calendar:
This feature would allow the Account Owner or Administrators to edit employee information from the employee’s calendar.
A hover effect will indicate that the section where the employee information is can be clicked.
When it's clicked, the user can edit the employee’s information (Name, Title, Department, Employee ID, Start Date, Home and Work Phone).