Welcome to the Schedule Publisher Smart App. Let’s get started!
- Read the welcome message then click on the Next button to continue.
- Now you are ready to start scheduling your employees.
**Important** In order for your employees to log in to view published schedules and to receive notification emails when they have a shift on a published schedule, you must give the employee permission to the Schedule Publisher Smart App in the Permissions section of your account. Learn how to assign permissions to employees.
- It’s easy to begin to create shifts in Schedule Publisher. In Settings, create custom shift labels that are commonly used in your business such as morning shift, bar staff, or reception. Then, assign a color to each shift label to easily identify it on the calendar.
- Next, you can start adding shifts in the Planning tab by clicking the Add Shift button or by selecting a date directly on the calendar. A screen will slide open to begin entering a shift. Here, you can select from your existing shift labels, enter the Date, Start Time, End Time, and amount of Break Minutes to deduct from the hours worked. Next, assign one or more employees to the shift by selecting their names. Once saved, you will see the shifts appear on the calendar.
- When the week schedule is ready for employees to view, select the Publish button in the menu on the right. Confirm that you want to publish and select whether you want to notify employees on that week’s schedule. Your employees will only receive an email if an email address exists for them in Employee Records and they have permission to the Schedule Publisher Smart App.
- This newly published schedule can be viewed in the Published tab. If you need to make any changes, shifts can always be modified on the Planning tab.
- You can edit employee availability by clicking on the menu next to each employee. Uncheck the days an employee cannot work. This will show as Unavailable on the calendar so you are reminded.
- Set the max hours for each employee so you don’t over schedule them. Once set, you can see the number of scheduled hours over the max hours.
- You can use filters on both the Planning and Published pages to view everyone’s shifts, just your team’s shift (if you have direct reports set up in Employee Records), or just your shifts.
If you want to send employees a reminder notification after a schedule is already published, select the Notify option on the Published page and choose all employees or just those you want to notify.